Wednesday, June 25, 2014

I'm Back!

Wow, I haven't posted on this in ages. For some reason something about my blog didn't stick after its genesis many months ago. Was it because of a crazy class schedule or just because I wasn't ready? I guess it doesn't matter now.

So I am going to start again.

Summer is here and it is marvelous and warm and full of so many things I love. After I found myself back in California, my time off was spent traveling and catching up with friends I hadn't seen in ages and of course working. I would like to think that this part of the summer is 'phase one' with 'phase two' starting Monday. I am headed back to NYC to start my first official internship and couldn't be more excited. Do I feel a little tiny bit like Lauren Conrad in the first episode of The Hills--oh yeah.

This is another transition in my life. It mirrors the transition I made last summer, from a high school student to an NYU student, but this time I feel more prepared. And now I'm a NYU student transitioning to a second year NYU student. Plus, I have 'how to survive in New York City' metaphorical tool belt filled with subway navigation knowledge and hand sanitizer (plus all the lessons I learned from last school year). But, I still have butterflies in my stomach because this time I'm doing all the moving in/dorm shopping/situating thing, solo. *cue more nervous butterflies*

It will for sure be an adventure. And that is what college years are for, right?
Let's go.

No comments:

Post a Comment